Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR journal soap row type / representation "ADM" & ot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR journal soap row type / representation "ADM" & other feedback
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:14:30 +0200

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:00:46AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > I know. I wasn't sure imploring too much meaning onto them.
> > Do you think it'd be fine to label issues and episodes as
> > "soAp" -- because they, indeed, present some sort of
> > assessment on the situation ?
>
> yes

Done.

> > Can I take this as a suggestion to use the ellipsis instead
> > of "Adm" to actually mean "administrational" ?
>
> yes... non-clinician-entered as "..."

Shall I understand this as
"non-clinician-or-clinician-in-non-clinician-role-entered" ?

IOW: administrational ;-)

Done.

> > > I noticed in the journal an appearance of "Happened... None" for a sOap
> > > row "Allergy state: unknown, unasked (date time)
>
> in the EMR Journal (future release), can the "   Happened"
> column header label be left-justified so it becomes less
> visually disconcerting?
That would be a wishlist item.

> I would worry about users being nagged in
> circumstances when they may be unable to usefully answer the
> prompt, for example if the record is being activated without
> access to the patient (as during a chart review, dealing
> with lab results) and I am satisfied for now that I very
> possibly touched the allergy state

Good.

> I do agree that a hook as below *can* be very useful and
> would suggest the hook/prompt at the point where future
> prescribing would be activated in the absence of an
> acknowledged allergy state

Well, that's all up to the user. They can locally make
GNUmed do pretty much whatever whenever a hook is called.

That is the whole point of the hooks framework.