[Gnumed-devel] download links cleanup

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] download links cleanup
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:57:28 -0700

When the client and server versioning change, there are potentially a lot of pages on which to have to change the version labels and the links. Some of these I have factored out, for example the old "Download matrix" is becoming gradually obsoleted by the increasingly- nice

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

After refactoring, manual updating needs still include:

ReleaseStatus
        various info (after updating roadmap, changelog and test status)

Home page
        client & database version numbers

InstallerGuideHomeShort (= wiki navbar "Downloads")
        top-of-page information
        link to most recent official client tarball
        link to most recent official client tarball

InstallerGuideWinEn
        button-link to full client
        button-link to slim client

        ... same again for InstallerGuideWinDe etc...

InstallerGuideHome

This is now a mostly-obsolete "Download matrix". I shifted the link within InstallerGuideHomeShort to the conditional section "platform not detected" and IMO we may as well also shift the USB stick and the Virtual machine options onto InstallerGuideHomeShort.

While I am not sure of the suitability of the following png files to serve as icons (the ones at gnumed being 48 x 48) I thought I would point them out anyway:

        portable apps
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~timgatewood/ portableapps_128.png

        vmware
        http://scimanal.com/lgs/images/stories/vmware_logo3.png