Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging help needed - TWAIN, XSANE, SANE

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging help needed - TWAIN, XSANE, SANE
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:21:11 -0700

On 30-Aug-09, at 7:20 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

No. TWAIN is a standard interface which we access directly
via the documented API. Accessing, say, Image Capture would
amount to an equivalent to using XSane,

For GNUmed to directly access the TWAIN data source implies to me that it is GNUmed that is providing the user with controls to operate the scanner for example setting not only the filename and filetype but also the scanning parameters like resolution etc.

Is that what is being said above, or is it still not "direct", meaning GNUmed is still expecting to access software that will be the intermediary and perhaps – in some way – remote-controllable by GNUmed.

What does a user experience when on Windows twainmodule was loaded? Does this result in the opening-up of a standard WIndows default client through which the user can apply settings to the scan about to be acquired?