Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Medication viewing
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:11:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:10:40PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> What kind of grouping will Episode achieve?

> or ignoring the health issue, since it is not displayed anyway, and
> therefore on
>
>               Sort (alpha) on episode name
>                       Sort (alpha) on Stoff

Yes, currently.

>       Within health issue
>               Sort (chrono) on episode start
>                       Sort (chrono) on begin date
>
>       Within health issue
>               Sort (alpha) on episode name
>                       Sort (alpha) on Stoff

Both make sense, the first is somewhat more involved. It
also looses the ability to alpha-scan the sub-lists -- which
may or may not be OK ?

What certainly makes sense is the sorting by health issue. I
added this now.

Row level tooltips will have all the details anyway just
like with measurements.

> and can Episode be the (ignoring check-mark) left-most column since
> it is more brain-natural for the sort column(s) to be left-most?

Done.

> I am thinking that when a patient had an episode of hypertension
> that prompted Drug 1, and during a later episode (maybe with a
> different name but still under hypertension) a Drug 2 got added, it
> might be nice that these drugs showed together under the health
> issue Hypertension

I agree. It now does.

> --- or did you intend the Episode name actually
> be the Health issue except for Unattributed and only when
> unattributed to show the episode name?

No, but would that be preferrable ?

> The significance of grouping by Handelsname could help to organize:
>       - two different strengths of the same manufacturer's product
>       - two different substances within a single (combination) product

Yes, they would show next to each other in alpha order.

> So when the user clicks "Group by Handelsname" can the control cause
> Handelsname to be the left-most column,

Done. Episode is then put back to the right.

> and would it be an
> alpha-sort on Handelsname and within Handelsname on Stoff

Yes.

> and within
> Stoff by decreasing numeric value of dosis (since a sequence of
> presentation of 100 + 50 would be more natural to add than 50 + 100)

Oh, OK.   Now, since strength isn't numeric in the backend
that'd be rather hard. I have added a third-order sort
argument of .started, however, which achieves about the same
effect.

> Can there be a Grouping = none and what would be the best resulting
> sort... alpha on Stoff (and within Stoff by decreasing numeric value
> of Dosis)

:-))

You are saying you want Grouping = None and then define a grouping ?

(Note that we've been ungainly mixing grouping and sorting
in the above discussion.)

> What is the significance of the left-most check-mark column

Now right-most.