Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:24:52 -0800

On 2009-12-14, at 12:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

We did establish a first iteration of what we may want, at the wiki:

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CurrentMedicationList#Printouts

Not yet the layout, however.

Might I offer design considerations, rules of thumb and then specifics for the Current Medication printouts?
Caveats: the body is only loosely defined, it preserves info from the various report type options per the above wiki page

Design considerations:
==================
- consistency across forms
- paper size dimensions vary, therefore design for the shorter:
A4 is 210 × 297mm 8.3 × 11.7inches
Letter is 8.5 × 11inches 216 × 279mm
- printed paper may benefit from a left margin (binders, binding)

Rules of thumb (general)
====================
(therefore defaults to)
- accomodate 210 x 279mm (8.3 x 11 inches)
- left margin of 25mm or (nearly exactly) one inch

also propose all forms should:
- identify the source GNUmed form
- identify datetime printed
- if feasible, supply date-time when data last altered (either overall, or per-item)
- preferably default to portrait except when the case is accepted for landscape
- include standard patient identification
- clearly distinguish non-patient (e.g. doctor name, phone, address) info
- include labels to assist visual location of info on the page (Address, Home phone, Mobile)

For medication lists:
- default to portrait

*********
Header:
*********
top line, centred: Current Medication List
next line, centred: as last altered <datetime>
next line, centred: Printed <datetime>

left-justified:
Patient: <tab> SURNAME, Firstnames
Birthdate:<tab> YYYY.MON.DD
Address:<tab>
Address:<tab>
Address:<tab>
PhoneChannel1Name:<tab>
PhoneChannel2Name:<tab>
PhoneChannel3Name:<tab>

# surgery contact information
# could instead go in footer, but would here save space
indent 105mm (margin 25mm + additional 80mm)
(this positions the following text to begin at page centre)
(maybe visually better to be shift another 20mm to right)
(? do we even have Praxis info defined in the backend?)
<Praxis info line 1>
<Praxis info line 2>
<Praxis info line 3>
<Praxis info line 4>
Printed by: <userName>

*********
Body:
*********
List of drugs

Included fields:
• brand name (if appropriate for locale)
• acting agent (drug)
• strength per unit
• application type
• regimen
• precede decimal amounts by zero when less than one (e.g. 0.5)
• optionally properly format fractional amounts where possible (e.g. ¼ or 1+½)
• optionally append amount in translated word equivalents inside parenthesis (e.g. (one and a half))
• intended treatment aim

report type: times-by-drug

• first column lists drugs alphabetically
• subsequent columns list when to take, etc

report type: drugs-by-time

• first column lists when to take
• subsequent columns list which drug
• multiple drugs go on multiple rows