Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:42:05 -0800

On 2009-12-16, at 9:44 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Patient will usually use that list to prepare a pill box. So he will search
> the list for all drugs that he needs to put in the morning compartment.
> If you provide the overview:
>
> morning: 1tbl Rampiril 5, 1/2 tbl metoprolo etc. they will likely have a lot
> less trouble then searching the traditional list.
>
> metoprolol 1-0-0
> ramipril 5 1-0-0
>
> Hospital doctors however prefer the second view since they have to transfer
> this into hospital charts.

If we think patients would load their pillbox on a per-medication basis, then
both of the above can be achieved within a single form because in both cases
they will want

and the only difference is that in the case of the hospital-oriented form there
is insertion at left of

<health issue / encounter>

which the patient may be able to ignore, or might in fact appreciate to know.

PS I am suspecting that it may be desirable to soft-return onto a new line the
<notes> both for reasons of avoiding to split the notes text onto a new line
(better to have it on a single line) and if it would be on a new line, then to
indent it by  a suitable amount (10mm?) as:
          Notes: <notes>
and I would wonder whether the text formatting should be any different...
italicized?