Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed's design suitable for complex encounter requi

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed's design suitable for complex encounter requirements
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:09:38 -0300

Ok my 2 cents:

On the matter of phone calls and the multiple instances of GNUmed:

I really think this might be a solution, but not a very good one. GNUmed has the ability to store in the database with multiple intances, all running at the same time (thank Karsten for that forsight), but multiple instances would be burdensome and could get rapidily cluttered

Use case: say the physician gets cot up in a emergency and say another one just happens to come in, and he needs to see a exam in a 3rd walk in to sort out if it is or not yet another emergency ... sudenly he has 5-6 instances of GNUmed opened and it would take sometime for him to navigate between them, and then see if all of them are saved and acconted for...

My thoughts (although as always I haven´t the slitest idea on how to make this feaseable ;) would be GNUmed to open TABS, with the patients name as headers. This seems a lot more convenient, and would make for the same basis as multiple instances, no?

And if we could make GNUmed get TABBED all sorts of new frontiers would open up for us (tabs with different colors could get assigned to diferent types of encounters, priorizations, saved / not saved diferentials, etc... )

:)

Happy New Year

Rogerio