[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on MS Windows with better support starting at 0.7

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on MS Windows with better support starting at 0.7
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:44:26 +0100

With the release of GNUmed 0.7 series only days away considerable effort was
put into polishing the GNUmed client and server on MS Windows. For the
background on this I direct you to my recent article GNUmed server on MS
Windows - changes ahead.

All changes have been tested against the 0.6 series but will make its debut in
the 0.7 series. The major changes include:

1.) The client will no longer require any dependencies installed
2.) The client can be run directly from an USB thumb drive
3.) The database installation and bootstrap process requires no user
interaction at all

So far noone has responded to my call for testing so I guess Windows as a
platform is not important.