Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres 8.4.4-1 (Enterprise db) problems -- system

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres 8.4.4-1 (Enterprise db) problems -- system hosed?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:59:20 +0200

Am Mittwoch 30 Juni 2010, 21:33:22 schrieb Jim Busser:
> On 2010-06-30, at 2:10 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Did you get a chance to uninstall and reinstall ? I only recommended this
> > because I believe less skilled uses will not get any other version
> > installed
>
> I think all is now well...

I guess that means we will se some report on bootstraping on Mac soon :-)

When you download gnumed-server13.6 or the git-master-master.tgz (which
includes the server stuff) you can try to bootstrap.

If I remember correctly it will not work out of the box.
I expect a message along the lines : cannot boostrap bundles

If that happens have a look at the log file (bootstrap-latest.log)

Scroll down to the end and have a look at the error.

If 'fe_auth' no password supplied error or something like this appear you need
to manually apply small changes to all the *.conf files

Most conf files have a section where you could add passwords

'# password ='

There are two those lines. One for gm-dbo and one for postgres.

Uncomment the line for postgres

'# password ='    ---> 'password = '

But maybe you will not run into this problem :-)

We will ship a special mac tarball once we do releases for Mac.I have the same
issue on MS Windows and can supply a sed script which will do the change
automatically.

Best regards,
Sebastian