[Gnumed-devel] slave mode scripts

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] slave mode scripts
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:37:42 -0700

I will be attempting to find/get someone who might, even offlist, develop for
me a script to remote-control chain to individual patient files exported by a
Canadian billing software

Some initial questions:

1. other than

        trunk/gnumed-gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/test-slave.py

do there exist other slave files to learn (or borrow) from?

2. what should the person that I am looking for need to know / understand / be
able to figure out, Python-wise and GNUmed-wise?

... monitoring a directory for the appearance of one or more files
... parse source text file information
... point him (or her) self to the correct GNUmed middleware
        presumably could get onlist help for this
... know / understand to use this middleware to get GNUmed to
        look up the person (patient)
        if the person is found
                compare additional information
                update the GNUmed information
        elif
                create the person
                add the additional information
                set the patient in focus
        fi
        update the screen
        update the status line
                person created
                person updated
                person found
        record the person name and action in a log file
        delete the source file

... do they need to know much about hooks?
... do they need to know much about postgres?
... do they need to install a local GNUmed and db (I assume so, for testing)

... anything else technically or skill or GNUmed knowledge-wise they will need
to know?

-- Jim