Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - state of affairs

From: lkcl
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - state of affairs
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Flushing all cookies is a good idea. I am not sure if refusing connections
> is
> possible. There is no way for the browser to tell if the browser accepts a
> cookie.

it can be done... by the truly dreadful expedient of asking the browser to
REDIRECT to a special page, similar to logins, where one of the GET
arguments is the original URL.  if the cookie is not present on the
specially-targetted page, you simply report "error, no cookies set, bugger
off" and refuse to allow connection to the proxy.

l.