Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010 - solved

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap error on Mandriva 2010 - solved
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:19:54 +0200

Am Sonntag 25 Juli 2010, 15:51:32 schrieb Michael Schütt:
> The most things from your tip are okay, but something by the bootstrap
> goes wrong.
> Do you have any hint?

See below.

> address@hidden Gnumed]# ./gm-bootstrap_server
> psql: konnte nicht mit dem Server verbinden: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> nicht gefunden
>       Läuft der Server lokal und akzeptiert er Verbindungen
>       auf dem Unix-Domain-Socket »/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432«?

gm-bootstrap is still tryin port 5432.

You have a few options.

Go to bootstrap-latest.sh
uncomment the line #export GM_DB_PORT="5433"

> Your PostgreSQL installation seems not to have lc_ctype UTF-8 or C.
> This will most probably lead to failures of the GNUmed server installation.
> address@hidden Gnumed]# su postgres
> address@hidden Gnumed]$ pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data1 start
> server starting
> address@hidden Gnumed]$ LOG:  Datenbanksystem wurde am 2010-07-25
> 09:44:43 CEST heruntergefahren
> LOG:  Datenbanksystem ist bereit um Verbindungen anzunehmen
> LOG:  Autovacuum-Launcher startet
> ^C
> address@hidden Gnumed]$ exit
> exit
> address@hidden Gnumed]# ./gm-bootstrap_server
> psql: konnte nicht mit dem Server verbinden: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> nicht gefunden
>       Läuft der Server lokal und akzeptiert er Verbindungen
>       auf dem Unix-Domain-Socket »/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432«?

Still the same

> [...]
>
> address@hidden bootstrap]# service postgresql restart
> Stopping postgresql service:
>
>                                                [FAILED]
> Initializing database:
>
>                                                [  OK  ]
> Starting postgresql service:
>
>                                                [  OK  ]
> address@hidden bootstrap]# ./gm-bootstrap_server
> -bash: ./gm-bootstrap_server: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> address@hidden bootstrap]# cd..
> address@hidden server]# ./gm-bootstrap_server
> Bootstrapping latest GNUmed database.
>
> This will set up a GNUmed database of version v11
> with the name "gnumed_v11".
> Adjusting PYTHONPATH ...
> /usr/lib/GNUmed-server/Gnumed/pycommon/gmTools.py:13:
> DeprecationWarning: the MimeWriter module is deprecated; use the email
> package instead
>   import urllib2 as wget, decimal, StringIO, MimeWriter, mimetypes,
> mimetools
> =======================================
> Bootstrapping GNUmed database system...
> =======================================
> You are about to install the following parts of GNUmed:
> bundle "config" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> bundle "reference" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> bundle "demographics" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> bundle "clinical" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> bundle "documents" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> bundle "office" in <gnumed_v2> (or overridden) on <>
> This will set up a monolithic GNUmed backend with all bundles
> in one database named [gnumed]. It will contain the core schema
> without country or language-specific components. Those will
> have to be added by using one of the bootstrap-XX.conf file
> where XX represents the ISO country code.
>
> Currently this file will also import the test accounts which
> MUST be removed prior to real use.
>
> ==> bootstrapping "config" ...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 768, in emit
>     msg = self.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 648, in format
>     return fmt.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 448, in format
>     s = s + record.exc_text
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> 611: ordinal not in range(128)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 768, in emit
>     msg = self.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 648, in format
>     return fmt.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 448, in format
>     s = s + record.exc_text
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> 1238: ordinal not in range(128)
> Cannot bootstrap bundles.
> Please check the log file for details.
> Bootstrapping "gnumed_v11" did not finish successfully. Aborting.

See above. Ah. Your log indicated you already set the port to 5433.

Can your provide the output of

psql -l

(as user postgres)

This will show us what encoding the clusters have I guess.

This is in the log

>password not defined, assuming connect via IDENT/TRUST

Please supply the file pg_hba.conf (in private if you have sensitive
information in there)

Sebastian