Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hosting an encrypted pythonic simplehttp GNUmed serve

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hosting an encrypted pythonic simplehttp GNUmed server
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 13:28:21 -0700

On 2010-08-01, at 12:41 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> it
> may actually be the case that a yucibo server isn't actually needed
> when you use the yubico PAM plugin: i didn't look that closely enough
> to find out.  it may be the case that you actually want *separate*
> machines for the gnumed server and the yubico server (if in fact a
> yubico server is needed at all) and two would neatly solve the problem
> of having a truly dreadful postgresql configuration

I began to use a very useful (and thus far well-evaluated) tool

        LastPass.com

which has a partnership with Yubico as a result of which I have 2 Yubico keys
(each licensed), this was $CAN 45 + 5 shipping and included an upgrade of
LastPass from free to premium.

The passwords generated by my Yubico keys are authenticated by Yubico's servers

        http://yubico.com/developers/intro/

and using my Yubikey I can authenticate from a machine that I do not own (e.g.
hospital) into my LastPass or Clavid.com account

(note: I stil do not yet put my banking or credit information into LastPass)
but anyway I would hope that a yubico PAM plugin could allow the user's Yubikey
to be verified by a suitable external Yubikey validation server (even Yubico's)

-- Jim