Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:21:59 +0200

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 07:07:11PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > 2) does it work with
> >
> >             __szr_main.SetMinSize((650, 525))
> >
> >   as well ?
> >

> You mean 650 instead of 660 ?

Yes, because you changed my initial setting of 650 to 660
w/o mentioning why. On ICQ you told me, however, that 650
still proved to small on your test system while 660 worked
(such things seem to be due to window decoration sizes not
properly being taken into account).

Hence I have hardcoded the minimum size to 660 now.

> > 3) Are you saying that even with the
> >
> >             ea_pnl_szr.SetItemMinSize(new_ea, new_ea_min_size)
> > # tell sizer
> about
> > the minimum size of its new item
> >
> >   line in gmEditArea.py it does not size properly ?
> >

> Yes.

OK, good. I removed that line in favour of this line:

> >             ea_pnl_szr.SetMinSize(new_ea_min_size)

which would at least make "some" sense (the sizer did not
yet know the minimum size - except that it could have asked
it's EA child).

I have also added a .Fit() call which makes the whole
section look like this:

                # replace dummy panel
                dummy_ea_pnl = self._PNL_ea
                ea_pnl_szr = dummy_ea_pnl.GetContainingSizer()
                ea_pnl_parent = dummy_ea_pnl.GetParent()
                ea_pnl_szr.Remove(dummy_ea_pnl)
                dummy_ea_pnl.Destroy()
                del dummy_ea_pnl
                new_ea_min_size = new_ea.GetMinSize()
                new_ea.Reparent(ea_pnl_parent)
                self._PNL_ea = new_ea
                ea_pnl_szr.Add(self._PNL_ea, 1, wx.EXPAND, 0)
                ea_pnl_szr.SetMinSize(new_ea_min_size)
        # set minimum size of EA pnl sizer from its new EA item
                ea_pnl_szr.Fit(new_ea)
                        # resize the new EA to the minimum size of the EA pnl
sizer

This last line seems rather redundant as that will happen
*anyway* with the .Layout() code a few lines further below:

                # redraw layout
                self.Layout()                           # *1
                main_szr = self.GetSizer()
                main_szr.Fit(self)
                #self.Layout()                          # *2
                #self.Refresh()                         # apparently not needed
(27.3.2011)

I wonder, though, what happens if we comment out *1 and uncomment *2.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de