Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:48:06 +0200

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:00:35PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Does Postgres "track / manage" user accounts across schemas such that if
> James T Kirk were granted a GNUmed account
>
>       jaki
>
> then and if Kirk insists that (and we accede to allow him) to also operate
> the accounting program LSMB, would we register into LSMB the same account user
>
>       jaki
>
> so that Postgres can manage this user across both schemas, or must he be
> assigned a different user account name in LSMB? IOW does Postgres not care,
> and would it separately manage
>
>       jaki (in GNUmed)
>
> and
>
>       jaki (in LSMB)

The GNUmed/LSMB level staff accounts are independant of each
other. The PostgreSQL level account jaki is not.

PostgreSQL does not preclude jaki from being used in both
LSMB and GNUmed for association with a staff account.

GNUmed does not either. LSMB may. I know too little of it.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de