Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems dumping database (Mac limitation on su -c)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems dumping database (Mac limitation on su -c)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:23:46 +0200

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:56:42AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> MacBook-2:server root# sh ./gm-backup_database.sh
> >> could not identify current directory: Permission denied
> >> psql: warning: extra command-line argument "name," ignored
> >> psql: warning: extra command-line argument "for" ignored
> >> psql: warning: extra command-line argument "example" ignored
> >> psql: warning: extra command-line argument "gnumed_v15" ignored
> >
> > This very much hints at improper formatting within the shell
> > script. Can you post the exact script which produces this
> > output ?
>
> attached

Hm, this seems quite impossible. What the above says is this:

psql thinks that something or someone gave it the command
line arguments "name", "for", "example", "gnumed_v15", like
if one would say:

        $> psql -name for -example -gnumed_v15

However, the script itself does not contain those strings at
all !  So, it needs to come from elsewhere. Ha, wait, let's
take a look at this:

> CONF="/etc/gnumed/gnumed-backup.conf"
> # load config file
> if [ -r ${CONF} ] ; then
>       . ${CONF}
> else
>       echo "Cannot read configuration file ${CONF}. Aborting."
>       exit 1
> fi

Here it is reading the config file ...

... which contains:

        # which database to backup
        GM_DATABASE="current database name, for example gnumed_v15"

So, one needs to configure the backup for backup.

I have changed the default database name to say

        database_to_backup__for_example_gnumed_v15

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de