Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:40:39 +0200

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 07:17:49AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Currently the rc1.0 menu option will display an empty list
> of data packs, despite that the default lookup file
>
>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf
>
> as listed in
>
>       [...]/client/wxpython/gmDataPackWidgets.py
>
> does reference .zip files already living in
>
>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/test/
>
> so I am wondering why they do not appear.

Observe the minimum/maximum database version ;-)

> Also, since it is possible that the site gnumed.de could
> at various times be unavailable, what shall be the alternate
> (local) location of a
>
>       data-packs.conf
>
> ??

This is configurable:

        dpl_url = dbcfg.get2 (
                option = u'horstspace.data_packs.url',
                workplace = gmSurgery.gmCurrentPractice().active_workplace,
                bias = 'workplace',
                default = u'http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf'
        )

Except I forgot to make that config item
accessible... Thanks for reminding. Will be
fixed.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de