Re: [Gnumed-devel] Question about editing an existing medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Question about editing an existing medication
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:35:03 +0200

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:46:38PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> When (in the Medications plugin) I select a medication and click the button
>
>       Edit
>
> then immediately as the dialog opens, the status area at bottom left says
>

>       <time> Cannot save substance intake. Invalid or missing essential input.
>
> Is there a reason why this occurs?

It is a by-product of the following:

When an edit area is opened (for adding a new item) the code
for validating the edit area is immediately invoked. This
leads to the desirable effect of fields *having* to be
filled in turning pink so people so more clearly what they
must add before saving.

> Even when I complete an edit, the edit is saved seeming
> successfully with the status message time updated but the
> status message itself still saying
>
>       <time> Cannot save substance intake. Invalid or missing essential input.

It still shows that latest message. I agree this isn't
really useful. Let's think. OK. GNUmed will now - after
successfully saving an edit area - clear the statusline
since

        a) there's been plenty of time to read previous messages
        b) previous messages of invalid content are now useless

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de