Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed post 1.0 - social network

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed post 1.0 - social network
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:17:02 -0700

> On 2011-09-21, at 7:37 AM, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>>      Provider name   Provider type   Seen since      Last referral (date /
>> reason)   Next appt status
>
> <snip>
> is there any reason why not to put them into
>
>       dem.identity
>
> particularly when they can be assigned an external_id

The side effect of non-patients showing up in searches for patients could be
avoided by setting such new persons to have

        dem.identity.deleted

set to TRUE however some better name should be found for deleted or another
column added.

Some time ago I got seeming agreement on …

> From: Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> Date: July 4, 2011 11:26:36 AM PDT
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Should patients have a "status" ?
>
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 11:16:47AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> re my

>> so… you are open to this in GNUmed future?
>
> I think you've got good arguments in favor of it :-)
>
> Karsten

so we could rename 'deleted' to be

        nonpatient BOOLEAN

(or we could add a new column, if there is some separate reason to keep
deleted) and we could by this means so-manage both staff and non-staff
providers.

It could be possible to update the behaviour  of  "Enlist as user" such that
any staff who were not already patients could be made nonpatients. This would
help address the concerns about staff poking their nose into the personal
information of other staff.

-- Jim