Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data pack for ICD-9 :-)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data pack for ICD-9 :-)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:51:00 -0700

On 2011-09-28, at 6:10 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 06:16:24PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Following is the text of the various tooltips, which we
>> might better regularize to cover the dual-case of the
>> tooltip having to both
>
> Done.
>
> Karsten

I hope you were not too fast. : - )

I am just realizing that it is possible to know a code such as ICD-9

        250 (Diabetes mellitus)
        401 (Hypertension)

and therefore to quickly enter in some cases, from simple familiarity

        250;401

into the code box. It is both possible to do this faster than the phrasewheel
will show, and it is also possible that in spite of the phrasewheel having
opened on the first match, to (inappropriately) ignore the phrasewheel.

While focus remains in the code box, despite that a phrasewheel is open with a
match highlighted, pressing

        ;

after 250 will cause the phrasewheel to disappear. Inputting additional
characters

        250;401

will reinvoke the phrasewheel on a match to 401. However focus remains in the
code box, and it is possible to exit the code box *without* pressing 'return'
(enter), and therefore *without* 'confirming' any highlighted phrasewheel
items, yet keeping in the code box the values

        250;401

and so what I am wondering is whether (once a pending bug is squashed) the
backend will store whatever might have been the first match in the phrasewheel
even if the user did not specifically 'select' it (if they even saw it).

IOW is it necessary to wait for the phrasewheel and to 'confirm' a value from
within it? It seems to me that dates of birth work in a similar fashion i.e.
that there is either a certainty or at least a risk that unless one confirms
from these phrasewheels, that value won't be properly stored and recognized

??

-- Jim