[Gnumed-devel] Data pack logging and debugging imported medications

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Data pack logging and debugging imported medications
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 06:53:53 +0000

In my

        ref.data_source

I note the existence of

        3 rows pertaining to ATC codes (lang = de, en, fr) all created April 8,
2011 with the same datetime stamp

        1 row pertaining to FreeDiams where lang = 'fr'

where the above *predated* data packs.

Is there any way now to no longer have to include all of the above in GNUmed,
so that we can instead require people who wish to use them to load them
themselves? How would this work?

- the bootstrapper script would (effective with database v17) remove them where
a database had been bootstrapped from scratch, but would leave them alone where
a user was upgrading a (possibly production) database?

- would in production databases need special data packs just to remove unwanted
language data which had formed part of earlier GNUmed releases?

Is there programmatic significance to the 'lang = fr' or does this column only
hold a value for informational purposes?

-- how would it have acquired the language 'fr' despite that my machine is
en_CA and FreeDiams provides the Canadian brands in *english* ?

Is the running of data packs anywhere recorded in GNUmed? I do not seem to see
any entries in

        gm.access_log

that would correspond to when I did run some data packs.

-- Jim