[Gnumed-devel] HL7 import

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 import
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 21:35:05 +0200

Hi all,

upon successful import of an HL7 file shall we do any of the following ?

        - leave a note (of type administrative) in the patient chart

                - include a formatted version of part of the HL7 file

                - include a formatted version of all of the HL7 file

        - import the HL7 file into the document archive of the patient

                - include a formatted version of the HL7 file

Any combination of all of the above ?-)

Relevant to the answer might be that ATM we do NOT store all
of the HL7 fields in the GNUmed database. More to the point:
we only parse MSH / PID / OBX / NTE. From OBX we create test
types and results, from PID we generate patient matches, from
MSH we read the sending lab and use that as the test_org,
from NTE we read, well, comments -- but only for test
results. And we don't use all potentially available fields
from those segments either.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de