Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 22:50:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 04:51:13PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:04:01AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
> >
> >> But one of my limitations to be throwing HL7 at it (even
> >> just locally) is that my data broker will not provide
> >> anything more than a few tests cases until the requesting
> >> clinicians can provide screenshots of the test data which
> >> they had supplied, imported within the EMR.
> >
> > Here is one example (re-associated from "A Adult A" to Kirk,
> > however).
> >
> > This leaves much to be desired as far as the display of
> > complex textual results go (for which a compound,
> > report-style presentation as per Richard will be more
> > suitable) but it DOES allow for unambigous identification of
> > data (and so is the minimum necessary functionality).
> >
> > Note a) the "Grouping" which ties together related entries
> > and b) the OBX raw data being stored with the result for
> > somewhat easier access to missing details.
>
> Nice … is the above in gm-next (1.5x)?

It is. But "nice" is an exaggeration. I'd say ugly as sin but
working.

> What I am thinking is that I should maybe (after 1.5 is
> released, or even now, from the development code?) bootstrap
> a demo database, create dummy patients against which to
> import the demo records, and then provide the data broker
> with screenshots of the display reflected in your screenshot.

Sure. a try can't hurt.

Best not to first show the "large-textual, tabular,
descriptive" result sets (like antibiograms ;-)

I'd wait a week or two since the HL7 code is still being
improved.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de