Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed sever installation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed sever installation
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:39:30 +0200

Hello Chandra !

> I am trying to install GNU-med server in  my window 10 64-bit laptop. I am
> going to make this laptop a server and a client.
> We are from Christian Hospital Mungeli. A charitable hospital in a remote
> area in Chhattisgarh,India. We need this software for our Mobile Clinic.

Under this scenario I would really suggest that you use a
virtual machine running Debian on that Windows laptop. You
will gain several benefits:

- Debian is the best supported OS for GNUmed (but you
  can keep Windows 10 installed on the Laptop)

- you can replace the mobile GNUmed by simply
  copying the virtual machine onto another laptop if the
  first laptop breaks down (rural India got bumpy roads :-)

- you have a very simple backup option: whenever you
  return to the hospital, copy the virtual machine
  to another computer in the hospital (this can be
  made very quick with RSYNC)

Think about it !

(and subscribe to the list :)