[GNUnet-developers] Renaming gnunet-gtk & gnunet-qt

From: Milan Bouchet-Valat
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Renaming gnunet-gtk & gnunet-qt
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:11:38 +0100

Hi!

As I proposed some time ago, it would be nice to hide from the base user
the -gtk or -qt details in the more common parts of the GUIs.

I propose for 0.8.0 we simply rename gnunet-gtk and gnunet-qt to "GNUnet
secured P2P" in their .desktop files and to "GNUnet" in their title
bars, etc. This would only be shown in the Welcome tab (anyway it's
technical) and in the About box. Most users will only use one of the two
UIs, so they won't be annoyed be this change.

Still, naming both programs is not really ideal, but talking about
toolkits in descriptions is quite bad, and it's better to fit the ideal
use case (only one UI) than considering niche users.

Any comments? If you approve of this, I'll apply the handful of changes.

Cheers