Re: [GNUnet-developers] Communication

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Communication
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 17:59:52 +0100

On 01/10/2015 05:44 PM, Matthias Wachs wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 19:52 +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
>> I think it wouldn't hurt to have it rotate a bit between days, that way
>> it won't always be the same person with a conflict who can't make it.
>> So something like 8pm on the 2nd and 15th of every month would give us
>> bi-weekly, but otherwise slightly irregular dates.  Let's try that.
>>

> We could say every 2nd and 15th of a month except this is a saturday or
> sunday ...

Some people might like weekend sessions ;-).

> So the first mumble on 15th?

Yes.

> Any specific ideas for the agenda?
> I would be interested in
> - the general short/mid/long term direction for gnunet

Fix bugs / grow / world domination? :-)

I'm still trying to figure out whom to hire: https://gnunet.org/hiring

> - what people are doing atm

When I have the time, I'm trying to find out why transport sometimes
connects nicely, but not always (which means I sometimes end up with a
peer with 0 connections, which is obviously not good).  At least that's
my current priority, as with that bug I don't want to make a release. I
was hoping you're looking into the same issue(s), maybe more on the ATS
side.

> - current projects going on

AFAIK, Sree is busy reading papers, Bart is fixing CADET bugs, and
Julius is hacking on random peer sampling as a first step towards onion
routing without directory servers.  Not sure if anybody else is doing
anything right now.