Re: [GNUnet-developers] On applications using GNUnet

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] On applications using GNUnet
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 11:05:40 +0200

On 8/4/19 4:17 PM, Alessio Vanni wrote:
> The first thing is a "user interface" issue: when I develop a client
> following the handbook, if I run it with the '--help' or '--version'
> flags I get messages that do not apply to my program.  The help message
> prints a series of messages related to the GNU project, of which my
> simple program is not part of.  Also, it says that the bug reporting
> address is GNUnet's one instead of my own.  The '--version' flag is
> similar, in which it prints '0.11.6' instead of e.g. '1.0' (the version
> of my program.)

Have a look at the attached os_installation.c from GNU Taler. It shows
you how to initialize libgnunetutil to customize the --help output (at
least some of it).  It also demonstrates how we could easily enable
further customizations in the future, if necessary.

For the version number, you need to call

GNUNET_GETOPT_option_version("1.0")

in your option list, to get --version to show '1.0'.