Re: [GNUnet-developers] Make "gnunet-arm -e" not hang

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Make "gnunet-arm -e" not hang
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:33:28 +0200

Actually, gnunet-arm behaves like any other gnunet-<service> binary:
If <service> is not running, it will still try and communicate with <service>
which will lead to it hanging unless ARM automatically starts the service.
Now, ARM cannot automatically start itself, as that is actually its own job.
So this is kind of a chicken/egg situation.

We could abuse the ARM start functionality (GNUNET_ARM_request_service_start)
when stopping.
If we call that function on "stop" in any case, it is a NOP before stop. Else
we start before the stop.
Not pretty, but might improve the UX.

BR