Configuration for connecting to services

From: Danny
Subject: Configuration for connecting to services
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:14:44 +0000

Hey guys,

So I see all (or most) services in the API require a `const struct
GNUNET_CONFIGURATION_Handle *cfg` to be passed along with the connect
functions. Do the configurations set in this struct affect the
configurations in /etc/gnunet.conf, or do they overwrite currently
loaded configurations for a service (or your connection to that
service)?

The docs are a little sparse in their descriptions I think. Am I
correct to think that by using the C api, I'm interfacing with the
currently running services?

So I tried using the peerstore module. Because I'm not sure what I have
to do with the configuration I just created an empty one with
GNUNET_CONFIGURATION_create, then passed that immediately to
GNUNET_PEERSTORE_connect. Unfortunately, it returns zero. Looking at my
processes, `gnunet-service-peerstore` is really running.
So I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong with the
configuration struct, or if I'm having other issues.
I'm not really sure where I could find any errors. I didn't see any in
my syslog, but maybe I need to compile gnunet with `--enable-
logging=verbose`?

I'm running version 0.13.1 on Debian, so I have precompiled binaries.

Any help is appreciated!
Danny.