Re: From gnunet-bcd to configure.ac

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: From gnunet-bcd to configure.ac
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:21:41 +0100

Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> writes:

> I'm a bit confused by this, I don't recall making this change or
> discussing something like this with anyone. What I do recall is that we
> added the cipher type sometime in the past. However, prefixing by a
> readable representation of the string length!?!? Why would we do that?
> I'm confused. If anyone could clarify this, I'd much appreciate it!

Ah, sorry, my bad. I misremembered the code and wrote nonsense.

What's being encoded in those 6 characters is the type of the key (ECDSA
or EdDSA, currently), as the entire GNUNET_IDENTITY_PublicKey structure
is encoded through the *_to_data function from the strings GNUnet
library and its first field is a uint32_t.

Sorry for the confusion,
A.V.