gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Removal of my posting openSubscriber

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Removal of my posting openSubscriber
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 08:14:36 -0700

Hi Vikas,

On Sep 2, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Vikas Shivpuriya wrote:

Hi,
This has reference to my posting about gnu project. The same is available at simple google search on internet. I would like my posting to be removed from the site as it contains all my contact information. I would not like to share my contact information on internet.

<opensubscriber.com URL removed to inhibit further distribution of Vikas' contact details>

I have no idea why this information has appeared on opensubscriber.com (which has nothing to do with gnuspeech).  I will attempt to remove your posting from the gnuspeech mailing list archive a.s.a.p. but I have no control over the other web site.  This is an unexpected development, and obviously is a problem with any mailing list discussion group.  I notice that your email address appears on the other site seems to have been made incomplete and therefore unusable.

But this posting, and the one to which I am replying, also has email addresses.

Can others on the list make any helpful suggestions.  Is this a general problem?  What do others do about it?

Full contact details should probably be restricted to individual emails and not sent to the list, which is a semi-public space, assuming that is the core problem about which you are concerned.

Regards

Vikas Shivpuriya