gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Development of gnuspeech project

From: Marcelo Mat
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Development of gnuspeech project
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 08:29:10 -0300

Hi Paul,

I sent an email to maintainers@gnu.org last year but they didn't reply.

Marcelo

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 8:54 PM Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hi Sina,

Marcelo did not mention his own important contributions in this area, including a c++ port of gnuspeech (https://github.com/mym-br/gnuspeech_sa) and a derivative project, gama_tts (https://mym.eng.br/gama_tts.html).

I have been interested in this for a long time, but only as a hobbyist. It is far removed from my daily work. I would like to see an active open-source project for articulatory speech synthesis, but I don't have many skills to contribute. I could perhaps help with testing and documentation. I don't know much about text-to-speech, c++ development, or open-source project administration.

If gnuspeech is to continue as a GNU package, it will first need a new admin. Are any of the current members interested in becoming admin? If so, send a note to maintainers@gnu.org. I'm not sure the GNU organization knows about David Hill's passing, or that the project needs a new maintainer.

Regards,
--Paul