Re: scary warning about casts

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: scary warning about casts
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 02:07:24 +0100

Hi,

Gregory Casamento wrote:
Given that the cast is implicit this is left up to the compiler to determine.  Luckily GCC and clang (our only supported compilers) do this in the way we expect.  I suggest that we do a little better and do the conversion in a more predictable way so that we don't depend on undefined and/or compiler-specific behavior.  GC

I did some analysis, I think an explicit cast to float is enough. I committed that

Riccardo