gnustep-webmasters

What Happen?

From: Michael A.Tucker
Subject: What Happen?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:36:47 -0700

To Whom It May Concern,
I am a new to linux and everything it has to offer. Totally amazing and over/whelming!  My question is: What happened to NextStep? I thought this was the ultimate system?  Yes, I have used Windowmaker which is like NextStep but it is only a replica? Also, a windows manager not a desktop environment like Gnome of KDE. What happened to the IBM & Apples partnership with the development of Pink. This again is suppose to be the ultimate again something happened? I am very curious about these remarkable OS.  What killed NextStep? Is the Software still available and if so can you write to it and does it contain applications.
Thanks for your insight....
Michael A.Tucker