gnustep-webmasters

gnustep-base-1.0.2.tar.gz broken?

From: Steve Florkey
Subject: gnustep-base-1.0.2.tar.gz broken?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:32:55 -0800

Sorry to sound so whiney, but I just tried to download and
compile the latest tarballs for GNUstep.  gzip says the files I
got from both gnustep.org and the gnu.org mirror have `invalid
compressed data--format violated`.  tar complains about
Testing/server.h then dies with `Unexpected EOF in archive`.

Am I doing something wrong?
# gzip -t gnustep-base-1.0.2.tar.gz
# tar -tvzf gnustep-base-1.0.2.tar.gz

Opera 5 has successfully downloaded other tarballs (including
other GNUstep components recently).  gnustep-make-1.2.0.tar.gz
extracted and compiled just fine.

Let me know if I've gotten bone-headed in my old age.  Otherwise,
I hope this note lets you fix that tarball before your mailbox
explodes. :-)

Thanks,
Steve Florkey