gnustep-webmasters

Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:52:16 +0000

On 2004-03-09 08:14:05 +0000 Wim Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:

(2) I think link "Frameworks" under the "Resources" heading is
     unfortunately named.  It points to a section in the
Think about Frameworks as libraries. If I see a link "Libraries" I expect a list of libraries, not only documentation.

So, is the problem that the link should be under "Information" or "Documentation" rather than "Resources"?

    GNUstep Contributors

I like it. I'll use it.

[...] And it might be better "conceptually" split the site in two:

I'll try to remember that when doing bigger changes.

No, that is not what I mean :-).  When I am browsing a site
I do not like it when I am /unexpectedly/ end up at another site.

Yes, the wording of that link is poor and should be fixed. I'm not keen on adding a specific external link marker. This is the web, so external links are very necessary.

Also, I do think it would be nicer if the "News" section of the .us site is part of the Overview section of the main gnustep.org site.

I can only think of using an iframe pointing at wwwmain.gnustep.org to do that. I think gnustep.us tends to carry more application news that might not be vital to have on .org's front page.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden