gnustep-webmasters

Re: Objective-C Style: 1 and 2

From: Scott Stevenson
Subject: Re: Objective-C Style: 1 and 2
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:08:16 -0700

On Oct 26, 2004, at 8:30 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

Perhaps this should be rearranged a bit?

An app developer looking for documentation would quite logically turn to Developers > Documentation instead of General > Getting Started.

A lot of the stuff under "Getting Started" is not for getting started -- full manuals, API reference, optimization, other advanced concepts. To me, "getting started" implies a short list of the essentials.

What would probably really help would be to have separate sites (or parallel pages) - one for developers and one for users. So there wouldn't be confusion about what each one means - Documentation for users? or documentation for developers. Getting started for users? or getting started for developers?

I'm not sure if you mean "user" as end user or application developer.

The problem I ran into is that I was look for general developer info, but only found information on writing code for GNUstep itself.

I think most people think of it like this:

        User: one who uses GNUstep apps
        Developer: one who writes applications using GNUstep
        Contributor: one who writes code to be included in GNUstep

    - Scott