gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] [AIS] About offset and scaling

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: [gpsd-dev] [AIS] About offset and scaling
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:44:49 +0100

Hi Eric, all,

Currently in driver_ais.c an offset is applied for certain message fields (IMO 236 and IMO289 met/hydro message), and a scaling is done conditionally in gpsd_json.c. I think it would be better to apply the offset and the scaling in gpsd_json.c. Do you have any objection on doing this? I think it make more sense this way. No scaling means raw data, w/ scaling means "engineering" units. As well when comparing gpsd decoding again other decoding, it make the task easier as they show the same behaviour (raw + scaling/offset applied).

Regards,
Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,