gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Using multiple location sources to improve a ccuracy and

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Using multiple location sources to improve a ccuracy and reliability
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:49:31 +0200

Hello,

if you have more then one source of the position, the idea is obvious to merge them into one position, as most of the gpsd aware applications expect only one position source.

For me the point is, that there is already so much code in gpsd that address the needs of only very few people, and this options need difficult configuration, and it may be implemented in so many different ways.

Perhaps it is time to consider a plugin interface to keep gpsd lean, to fulfill special needs, and to avoid multiple coding.

Reinhard

-----Original-Nachricht-----