gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: ntpsec | Pipeline #54712342 has failed for master | a

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: ntpsec | Pipeline #54712342 has failed for master | a94224fd
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 15:46:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 13:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:

I changed your osx_lib_tool code again.  For scons 3.0.5
compatibility. I think this time it is correct.  Please check it
out.

It works for now, though storing config-related settings in global
variables instead of environment variables is incompatible with
cross-building.  Admittedly, anything relying on CheckProg() is
likely to have cross-building issues, but storing the results
improperly makes it worse.

Which is why I moved it back to an environment variable.

*Now* I see it, but at the time of your original post, you hadn't pushed that change, so the global variable is what I saw.

NTPsec is having an OSX bug.  Maybe similar to your gpsd bug?  Does
the below ring any bells?

No, it's unrelated.  The osx_lib_tool thing has to do with getting
the proper absolute paths into the shared libraries, so that programs
that link against them know where to find them at runtime.  It
doesn't affect any of the bundled programs, since they're all
statically linked.

Well, yu would know more than I.  I'll pass that back to Matt Selsky.

Note that "all statically linked" refers to GPSD; I haven't looked at the issue for ntpsec and/or waf, though a quick look doesn't show any C libraries installed by ntpsec at all.

The *right* place for that is probably SCons, since it's the sort of
platform-specific detail that it's supposed to take care of for you.

NTPD is waf, not scons.

Yes, and this is the GPSD ML, not the ntpsec ML. :-)

MacPorts added a version of that a while back, once someone
discovered that (dynamically) linking their own program against
libgps didn't work. But it's better to put it here, instead of
relying on MacPorts to clean up after it.

Are you suggesting another patch to scons?  If so, send it along.

If by "scons" you mean "GPSD's SConstruct", that *is* the osx_lib_tool stuff.

Fred Wright