gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ubxtool and remote gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ubxtool and remote gpsd
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 11:53:13 -0700

Yo Ken!

Seems like our private messages crossed before the list serve send
your list messages.  We already determined the problem solved, but
I'll mention a few things.

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 19:42:51 -0600
Ken McGuire <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Doubly odd.  Can you confirm your UBXOPTS environment variable is
> > empty?
>
> env

[...]
> USER=kenm

Careful!  Sometimes gpsd needs root.

Missing $PYTHONPATH!

The easy way:

$ echo $UBXOPTS
$

> python --version
> Python 2.7.15+
>
> But gpsd doesn't use python in it's normal operation.

But the issue here is ubxtool.  ubxtool is 100% Python.

Since it now works for, this is just forensics now.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588