gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘timestamp_t is dead. Long live timespec_t

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘timestamp_t is dead. Long live timespec_t
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 21:44:05 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

>> How does gentoo install two versions of scons, one using 2.7 and one
>> using 3.7, that are both called scons, and arrange for programs that
>> use scons to call the right one?
>
> This is really simple, scons just works with any verion of python > 2.6

Ah - same with pkgsrc then.  But, I run into programs where the
SConstruct will only work with 2.x, and some where it will only work
with 3.x, and some where it will insist that the used python version for
the program (vs scons) has to match the scons version.  Hence a need to
install scons/2.7 and scons/3.7 at times.  It sounds like you are not
having that problem, which is lucky.

>> Regardless, even if "python" points to python3.7, it should be
>> possible to build gspd with python2.7, and vice versa.
>
> Yeah, so I can build them both every day, like I already do?  I thought
> we got you past that issue?  I thought your doc of PTYHON, see above,
> fixed it for you?

It works, except that when running the regression tests, it uses
"#!/usr/bin/env python", rather than using the version specified as
target_python.  So almost.