gpsd-dev

Re: ✘buildtmp

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘buildtmp
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 11:31:04 -0800

Yo Bernd!

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 19:54:53 +0100
Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> > New MR 224.  This bulids gpsd in buildtmp/ instead of in the source
> > tree.  Many have requested this for a long time.  It builds, and
> > checks, for me.  But still a tad ugly and a WIP.  I mention it now
> > because this will confuse everyone, including me, so if you care
> > look at it before any permanent changes are done.
>
> nice!

But still needs work.  I think these work: build, check, dist, www
and a few more.  Still need to get distcheck and other things checked
and fixed.

> Is it possible to configure the name of that directory? That would be
> awesome.

I changed it last night to "gpsd-VERSION".  That way gnu tar is not
needed to make the dist tarball.  It is now just a variable at the top
of SConstruct: variantdir.

I don't immediately see how it could be a configuration variable because
configuration is done after changing to the variant directory.

What is you use case?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588