gpsd-dev

Re: GPSD Issue #153 (Autobaud not working for me) Merge Request

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD Issue #153 (Autobaud not working for me) Merge Request
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 17:20:23 -0700

Yo Jared!

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 22:42:55 +0000
Jared Hagel <jared.hagel@vontas.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion. Attached is a zip file containing the files
> I modified. The changes were made based on GPSD 3.23 release source
> code. For some reason when running 'diff' it created me a 200MB patch
> file, so I think I'll just copy the modified files here.

That is because you did not run "git diff" against a recent clone of
gpsd.  You ran it against the tar ball.

I see how you fixed my pselect() timeout commit.  I cleaned up that
part and applied to git head.  I named you as author.  I already explained
most of my changes to that, the rest will be obvious.

The git log is atteched.

Please pull a fresh copy for your next patches.

Sorry to hassle you with our style rules, but code is much easier to
read when it is a consistent style.  You worry about content and I can
clean up the style.

Another style nit: No line longer than 80 chars.  That keeps
side-by-side diffs to under 162 wide.  It also makes GitLab happier.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588