gpsd-dev

Re: ✘3.23.1 ??

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: ✘3.23.1 ??
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 00:45:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 Sep 2021, Gary E. Miller wrote:

3.23 had some regressions: gpxlogger, ublox 7, and autobaud.

I think those are all now resolved.

There are some updates as well: new u-blox M10 messages, better
serial logging, etc.

No changes to the build system or anything that would affect packaging.

Since the ABI and API have not changed I'd like to release this as 3.23.1
soon.

Please test!

I just pushed a couple of warning fixes, but aside from that I notice that the regression tests are getting a lot of:

gpsd:ERROR: SER: gpsd_serial_isatty(8) failed: Device not configured(6)

This is as of 6d23de6d9.

Clearly a case normally occurring in the regression tests shouldn't be logged as an error, but there's the question of exactly what the ignorable case is, and whether there should be no logging or perhaps debug logging.

Fred Wright