gpsd-users

RE: Using non-PPS receiver for ntpd?

From: Stein, Josh
Subject: RE: Using non-PPS receiver for ntpd?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 15:40:44 +0000

Hi Greg,

  I think you may have hit the nail on the head - my issue may be in ntpd
configuration and not really with gpsd. AFAIK, gpsd is running fine, has a 3D
fix and is writing to shared memory:

ipcs -m

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch     status
0x4e545030 0          root       600        80         2
0x4e545031 1          root       600        80         1
0x4e545032 2          root       666        80         1
0x4e545033 3          root       666        80         1
0x4e545034 4          root       666        80         1
0x4e545035 5          root       666        80         1
0x4e545036 6          root       666        80         1
0x4e545037 7          root       666        80         1
0x47505344 8          root       666        24232      1

But the output from ntpq doesn't look good to (my untrained) eye:

ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter

As an aside, your use-case described at the end of your last message is exactly
what I am trying to do.

--Josh