gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Aranza Shaccid Leon
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 01:10:28 -0500

Hello and good morning!

I’ve downloaded the gpsd version 3.23~rc1 and I’ve built and installed it so I can access it in any shell. Cgps, gpscsv, and gpsmon do show up but no information is gathered into these programs. I have waited until they have timed out, but the issue is that I have no device attached to the gpsd. I’ve checked that /dev/gps0 is producing NMEA sentences which it does and I’ve also attempted to use gpsd -n /dev/gps0 but this still did not attach to the gpsd program.

May I ask for any suggestions on how I should connect gpsd to the port /dev/gps0?

Sincerely,
Leon

Sent from my iPhone