gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 12:33:03 -0700

Yo Aranza!

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 22:11:58 -0700
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> May I ask, how would I use the command  # git clone
> https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd.git  and obtain gpsd version 3.22.1~dev?

3.22.1~dev is not a single version, it is over 500 commits of slow
progress to 3.23~rc1

To set your source to a particular commit, do this, in the gpsd directory:

        git checkout [COMMIT#]

> I attempted to redo the build and install process for gpsd but when
> using this command, the gpsd informed me it was gpsd-3.23~rc1.

3.23~rc1 is what you want.  It has had a few revisions.

> Would
> using the tar command work better in this case or would tar in
> general work better for Linux/Raspberry Pi?

This is Linux, many ways to skin the cat, pick the one that works for you.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588