grep-devel

Re: grep-3.8.11-908f on AIX 7.2

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: grep-3.8.11-908f on AIX 7.2
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 16:25:28 +0100

Jeffrey Walton and Paul Eggert wrote:
> > Second, try -fsanitize=unreachable to see if Paul's problem is a trend
> > and not a one-off.
>
> Another option that might be worth trying is '-D_Noreturn=', to
> eliminate all _Noreturn instances. If this works, we could change Gnulib
> to "#define _Noreturn /*empty*/" if Clang is used.

Here are the results:

Configuration                             Result of TESTS="empty-line skip-read"

no -O2                                    PASS
-O2                                       FAIL
-O2 -fsanitize=undefined                  option not supported
-O2 -fsanitize=unreachable                option not supported
-O2 with #define _Noreturn /*empty*/      FAIL

Bruno