Re: [Groff] geqn problem?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] geqn problem?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:47:09 +0200 (CEST)

> They don't work because of what is apparently an undocumented
> feature in the version of troff I'm using: It sets the .P string
> register to the value of what in groff would be the --prefix
> installation option.

Which troff version do you use?

> Obviously a workaround is to set .P manually in advance, but for the
> long term it might be useful to emulate this feature (perhaps even
> when not in compatibility mode).

Sorry, but I won't do that.  The value of .P is too weird, and it has
absolutely no connection with the setup of groff.  I suggest that you
modify troffrc to set .P there.  Then put this file into the
<prefix>/groff/site-tmac directory which is searched before
<prefix>/groff/<version>/tmac.

`site-tmac' is a new feature of groff 1.17 (to appear in a few days).